Time has no respect for anyone. Fortunately, excellent skin care products can help fight off the ravages of time and make you look decades younger than your actual age. When it comes to keeping your skin looking youthful well into your 50s and beyond, consider adding the following products into your skin care routine.
1. Begin with a gentle cleanser – Because women in their 50s begin to see more collagen loss due to menopause, you may begin to experience drier skin. By choosing a gentle cleanser, you can still clean your skin effectively without drying your face any further. In addition, a clean face allows your anti-aging treatments to penetrate deeper. Be sure to use your cleanser twice a day to get rid of the daily dirt and grime.
2. Choose an anti aging serum – Once your face has been gently cleansed, apply an anti-aging serum to hydrate your face and smooth out your skin tone. A good anti aging serum contains antioxidants that help reduce the effects of the sun’s damaging UV light as well as diminish the appearance of fine lines. Moreover, many anti-aging products are gentle enough to use once in the morning and once at night.
3. Use a moisturizer with SPF – To keep your facial skin looking healthy and supple, always remember to apply a quality moisturizer before you start your day. Depending on your skin’s sensitivity to sun exposure, look for a moisturizer with some form of SPF protection. If you expect to spend a lot of time in the sun, you may also want to apply a hydrating sunscreen product on your neck, chest and arms.
4. Remember the eye cream – The sensitive skin around your eyes needs its own unique formulation to help reduce dark circles and fine lines. Look for ingredients that boost collagen production like peptides, retinoids or glycolic acid. Most importantly, be sure to use an extremely light touch when applying eye cream so you don’t aggravate this delicate skin area on your face.
5. Renew your skin with a night cream – When you use a quality night cream, you allow the product to work all night while you have sweet dreams. In the morning, your skin should feel smoother, softer and more hydrated to kick off your day. Some excellent ingredients to look for in a night cream include glycerin and niacinamide.
Overall, your skin care routine should help hydrate, firm and even out your facial skin as you defend your youthful look. Also, you can rejuvenate more than just the skin on your face by using skin care products on your jawline, neck and chest as well. By taking care of your skin correctly now, you can maintain your young-looking appearance for years to come.